- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is an IT solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a Java/Webcenter Developer to join the CGH Team.
Transformation of existing system to Java based system
• Support Needs and Requirements Phases by providing review of "reverse engineered, as-built‟ code to help define new system requirements
• Assist Lead Technical Analysts and Solutions Architects with high-level application design, providing feedback and assessing options and recommendations
• Review high-level application design documentation and system requirements specifications
• Draft or review Software Design Description Document
• Draft or review Database Design Description Document (as appropriate)
• Develop full or finishing code and/or assist release teams as needed in project startup or problem or specialty areas. Provide code review and assist with other quality assurance methods to ensure the transformed application portlet, blackbox application or components are developed in accordance with the requirements and design established for the release
• Work collaboratively with the COTR, federal leads and other contractors supporting the requirements to ensure quality code following EPIC standards and industry best practices.
• Provide coding and analysis relative to assignment
• Perform unit testing on applicable code
• Assistance in resolving application defects
• Deployment planning and stabilization assistance
• Provide mentor to other team members, federal and contractor, in application of specialty skills
• Assist with planning development, testing, and deployment activities
• Conduct interim functional walk-throughs with Release teams and Federal leads
• Assist in writing and review of Information Technology System Manager (ITSM) deliverables
• Provide input to on-line help guides and training materials xi. Provide inputs to operations manuals xii. Provide inputs to systems integration testing teams
Number of Years Experience Required:
• 3+ years working with Java / J2EE Model-View-Controller (MVC) Web application development
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
Prefer clearance at least at Public Trust level
Technical Skills Required:
• Working knowledge of federal requirements such as Section 508 and FISMA relative to application products
• Working experience with Java presentation layer framework
• Working experience with Java Inversion of control framework
• Working experience with Java ORM framework
• Working experience with Java security framework
• Sun Certified Java Developers (preferred)
• Portal application development experience (specifically Oracle WebLogic/WebCenter) required for at least one specialist
• Hands-on experience using requirements management, configuration management, testing, and defect tracking tools (Serena Dimensions CM and Microfocus (formerly Borland) ALM preferred)
• Broad knowledge of multiple technologies, including but not limited to: Third and Fourth Generation Languages, distributed transaction-processing, middleware,
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and interface with the customer and interpret requirements
• Ability to communicate requirements.
• Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits packet to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, metro subsidy, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and personal leave. For employment consideration please e-mail resumes with salary requirements.
For additional information you may visit our website at www.cghtech.com.
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!