- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned System Administrator to join the CGH Team.
Support customer data warehouse system.
Provide on-going support for the administration of the data warehouse, perform new hardware installation, perform advanced system configuration, perform operational tasks such as monitoring system resources and perform routine maintenance tasks. On call support will be required under this contract.
• Provide 1st Tier support for a 35TB (and growing) data warehouse system
o Proactively monitor all system and application resources
o Report all system issues or performance items to management and customers
o Coordinate issue/outage resolution and user notification
o Support security audits
o Assist in implementing system and application maintenance; COTS patches; application modifications; user accounts; monitoring system resources & maintenance (as requested)
o Perform all routine and vendor-directed maintenance on all system applications
o Perform all routine maintenance on all system support applications
o Perform/assist in data migration activities as necessary
• Support hardware installation and upgrades of data warehouse components
• Assist in the transfer of software applications and reports between development, test and production environments
• Provide support to System Integration Test (SIT), performance and User Acceptance Test (UAT) groups
Number of Years Experience Required:
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a developer or systems administrator
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences or a related field
Technical Skills Required:
• Broad experience managing and troubleshooting data warehouse servers and network infrastructure
• Experience with Dell Compellent, EMC, or other advanced storage solutions
• Experience with FiberChannel networking
• Experience with SNMP monitoring tools
• Shell scripting (Bash, Perl, etc.)
• Experience administering
o Systems running Oracle RAC
o Apache Web Server
o Wildfly (formerly JBoss AS), Glassfish, or other application servers
o Load balancers
• Database experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Operating Systems: Solaris, RedHat Linux, Oracle Linux
• Experience securing systems in a managed government environment including but not limited to
o Iptables and other firewalls
o OS patch deployment
o Logging settings
• Experience in a DevOps environment is a plus
• Software Development Lifecycle Methodology and Agile methods
• Use of Project Management Tools
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years
• Good technical documentation skills experience preferred
• Must be able to start immediately
• Ability to work independently and with the team
• Ability to express ideas orally and in writing
• Ability to plan and prioritize work
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits packet to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, metro subsidy, and flexible or health savings spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and personal leave.
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!