- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to join the CGH Team.
The Project Manager is charged with delivering exceptional results for our government clients
by leading and operating a high functioning, quality project as defined by corporate standards and contractual requirements.
Client Relations/Program Knowledge
• Serves as the Contractor's authorized point of contact for assigned tasks.
• The Project Manager must understand the programs, systems data, and processes associated with the specific SOW.
• Understand and manage project design and solution.
• Interface with the OPM Project Manager as necessary to keep the OPM informed of work in progress, respond to new requirements for services, and provide data and information that may be required.
• The Project Manager shall have a firm understanding of all aspects of the SOW and shall be familiar with project management practices to ensure timely and cost effective management of contractual requirements.
• Must possess demonstrated experience in managing contracts of a similar scope and size with the OPM.
• Organize, supervise, manage and direct the staff assigned to this project in performance of the tasks described in the Statement of Work (SOW). This will include, but not be limited to, estimating labor hours and time phasing of individual tasks, tracking and managing funding and determining target dates for work completion, monitoring actual work efforts and comparing them to the work plan, and advising the OPM Project Manager of potential problems related to projects and staff.
• Demonstrate in-depth program knowledge and operational vision to guide project and staff success.
• Lead, build and support a high performing team, and must have the discipline to design, implement, and direct structured project plans and processes.
• Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the delivery of contracted services to achieve quality and profitability goals and objectives.
• Establish a culture of teamwork.
• Conduct and document consistent, scheduled staff meetings.
• Establish and manage project staffing plan.
• Develop and manage the PMP and MSPP.
• Write program documentation as necessary according to AMS, PMI, CMMI and Agile guidelines.
• Identify new service opportunities and lines of business related to project.
• Assist in the development of new and expansion service opportunities and lines of business.
• Participate in proposal development, preparation, review and presentation to client. Participate in start-up activities.
Technical Management Support
The Project Manager will provide day-to-day project oversight of tasks, directing staff, providing the Data Warehouse (DW) Manager with regular status and attending and/or holding meetings from time-to-time to resolve technical and management issues that arise on the project.
• Identify the future functionality and features of the DW and supporting applications
• Develop the operational and release planning processes of the project
• Report monthly status on DW development and production activities
• Manage risk
• Manage contractual relationships
• Assure quality of deliverables, track deliverables' status and acceptance
The Project Manager will serve as the single point of contact for prioritization and assignment of work related to all project activity.
Number of Years Experience Required:
• BS and 15 years relevant experience or MS and 10 years of relevant experience in project/program management in Federal government environment.
• Candidates must possess at least 2 years of specific project management experience supporting technology programs for OPM.
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
• PMP Certification required
Technical Skills Required:
• Agile software development knowledge is a plus.
• Environment includes Oracle portal and RDBMS, JAVA, SAP, Unix and Windows
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• US Citizenship required.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
• Presentation skills a must.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits packet to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, metro subsidy, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and personal leave.
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!